Mind/Body medicine is related to the fact that our general health depends on all the individual parts working together effectively. Eyesight is also dependent upon our total well being which our genetic structure, diet, the work environment and the level of exposure to airborne toxins.
The integrative approach evaluates the person’s lifestyle, habits, diet, exercise routine, and stress management, along with the family history, in determining a therapeutic approach. It attempts to bring in the patient as an active member in the program to maintain eye health.
Improper Eye care can result in:
1. Impaired vision (need of glasses)
3. Damaged Retina
5. Watering of eyes
6. Pink eyes
7. Dull and tired eyes
- 1. Malnutrition
- 2. Lack of exercises
- 3. Excess of alcohol, coffee, sugar, smoking, refined foods and hydrogenated oils.
- 4. Stress
- 5. Diabetes
1. Boil 1/2 tp. fennel seed in a cup of water, and boil it back until reduced to half. Sip when warm.
2. Drink lots of water as constipation has adverse effect on eyes.
3. Eat food rich in vitamins C and E and minerals like sulfur and magnesium. Recommended foods are garlic, onions, beans, spinach, celery, turnips, yellow and orange vegetables, green leafy vegetables, seaweed, apples, oranges, tomatoes, nuts, seeds and soy products.
4. Avoid alcohol and caffeinated drinks.
5. Remove the seeds from the pod of black cardamom mix it with a tablespoon of honey. Chew thoroughly to the strengthened vision.
6. Almonds are ideal for eyes; it strengthens the vision, and calm mental stress. Take 1-2 t. a day with warm milk or sweet orange juice.
7. Manage your stress. Meditation, nature walks and yoga help to relieve stress.
8. Exercise daily. Eye exercises help remove toxins and congestion from eyes.
9. Apply Herbal Eye Bags to your eyes. The green tea has an antioxidant quality and draws out toxins.
10. Applying rose water and cucumber gives a cooling sensation to the eyes.
11. Triphala is an important medicine for eye health, especially blurred vision or to prevent the development of cataract.
12. Elaneer kuzhumbu, Opthacare eye drops, Fine eye drop are very good ayurvedic medicines which can be used as a supportive to overcome the strain caused by computers etc.… Read More